Difficulty - Easy
Christmas is a time for giving... and eating! I wanted to bake a festive treat but give it a little twist, and out came these babies! Boozy Baileys Cupcakes- Adult's only. They are delicious and chocolatey. Perfect for snaffling whilst watching your favourite Christmas movie in front on the roaring fire. So how did I make them you say? Let's get stuck in!
You Will Need:
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder (I used Dr Oetker Dark Cocoa Powder)
- 140g Caster Sugar
- A Pinch Of Salt
- 40g Margarine
- 120ml Baileys
- 1 Large Egg
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
Now that you have all your ingredients together, we can begin!
1. Pre-Heat your oven to around 170 Degrees.
2. Put your Flour, Cocoa Powder, Caster Sugar, Salt and butter into a bowl. Whisk together until the mixture forms a sand-like texture.
3. Crack your large egg into a Jug and Whisk Well.
4. Add your egg and 120ml Baileys to your mixture.
5. Whisk all the mix together until the consistency is very smooth with no lumps.
6. Pour your smooth chocolatey mixture into your cupcake cases, filling them about half way.
7. Pop into the oven for around 15-20 minutes. To test if the cupcakes are ready either lightly press the top of the cake and if it springs back they should be ready. An alternate way, which I use, is to use a skewer or cocktail stick, poke it through the centre of the cake and remove. If there is mixture left on the stick then the cakes need a little longer. If it is clean then the cakes are done. Leave to cool for 20-30 minutes.
8. Now's the fun part - Decorating! I piped Betty Crocker's Chocolate Fudge Icing quite thickly in a swirl and then Sprinkled Edible Gold Stars (Asda) on top. Finishing the cake of with an edible white Snowflake (Asda).
9. Grab a blanket, flick on your favourite Christmas movie and Enjoy your Cheeky Chocolate Treat.
If you fancy a family friendly alcohol free Christmas Cupcake replace the baileys with milk!
What Christmas treats have you been Baking?